Saturday, September 24, 2011

My thoughts in Nairobi

Sometimes the only way to quiet your spirit is to get out what is on your heart. Awaken in the middle of the night, my soul wide-awake though my body tried. I must get out what’s on my heart.

Sometimes I’m afraid of what the silence brings. If it’s not the birds chirping and singing to me, why must it be so silent? Why must there be complete silence? I am a person that likes noise. I like to identify every single noise, the crack in the floor, the wind whistling by, the cars driving by, the neighbors talking loudly, the barking dogs. The noise gives me peace to know I am not alone. Well, we are never alone. And as much as I hate to admit it, in the quiet, in the stillness is when God speaks to our hearts. He speaks to our hearts and if we are willing to receive, our spirit awakes and becomes fully alive.

Esther 4:14 says, If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who know if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this? I must tell others about Christ as such a time as this. There is a urgency in my heart to let all know of the goodness of His grace. Sometimes in the quiet you have to really catch up and resonate with the events of life instead of letting it slip by and missing its application. And sometimes this means blocking out all the noise for such a time as this.

 Looking forward to Day 3 in Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment